A medical emergency is not only limited to common injuries and sicknesses that a person can experience. A medical emergency may also stem from dental origins, making the need for urgent dental care apparent.
Like a medical emergency, an urgent dental care emergency happens when there is a sudden pain brought by injury, disease, or infection to a person’s oral cavity. This means that this emergency should be tended to within 24 to 48 hours before it worsens.
With this in mind, looking for an urgent care dental clinic with an emergency walk-in dentist can be challenging. This is especially true if your dental emergency happens on a weekend when general dental clinics aren’t open.
Urgent Dental Care Situation: Dental Emergency On Weekend
As mentioned above, some clinics may be closed over the weekend, given that they only render services during regular, weekday business hours. Like any other emergency, we don’t know when we need urgent oral health care, especially since the need is unpredictable. So it is important to take note of any dental clinics that do accept patients over the weekend.
You should also recognize when an oral health emergency on the weekend needs urgent dental care. These emergencies are characterized by:
1. Bleeding – Unexplainable bleeding may indicate an underlying infection. Likewise, it may also stem from an accident.
2. Extreme Pain – A person needs immediate service when he or she is experiencing debilitating oral pain.
3. Swelling, due to infection – The gums around the infected tooth and other areas may begin to swell, and when left untreated, an infection could spread to other parts surrounding the jaw.
With these in mind, it is important to find a dental facility that is open all week long, anytime, on a given day. Especially when you have a dental emergency on the weekend.
How To Look For An Urgent Care Dental Clinic
Here are a few tips for you to find a reputable oral health clinic to provide you with urgent dental care:
1. Look for a dentist with offices around your area and emergency walk-in care. This can indicate that a clinic is open 24/7 to tend to your needs.
2. A facility must be accessible to your location. Ideally, they should also be easy to reach via phone, for you to easily contact them as you face an emergency.
3. Make sure that they can offer you services with reasonable pricing.
These are only some tips for you, as you look for an urgent care dental clinic. As you search for an urgent care dental clinic, make sure that they have a reputable emergency walk-in dentist as well.
How To Spot A Good Emergency Walk-In Dentist
Many traits characterize a reputable urgent care dentist, and these are:
1. Knowledge – He or she must be well-rounded with emergency procedures. A good dentist may have gotten his or her comprehensive knowledge from a university specialized in dentistry, or through years of training.
2. Compassion – A good dental care practitioner, should also empathize with their patients. Being grumpy can only add to the stress that the patient already feels that springs from his or her toothache.
We are one of the most popular urgent care dental clinics in the state! We will provide quality services for your oral health emergency, to help you recover in no time. Call us now to book an appointment for preventive dental care and oral health maintenance, and avoid dental emergencies.